The following policy has been established to provide a consistent method of handling product returned for credit or replacement. Shipped products are returnable at the discretion of The Scale People. Customers must receive prior written approval before returning equipment for credit or replacement.
- Product being returned for credit must arrive in new condition, in the original packing container and show no signs of demonstration or use (unless prior arrangement has been made for the use of the product). Equipment showing signs of use or damage will incur additional restocking charges, refurbishing charges or will be denied credit and returned. Customers will receive notification of additional charges.
- For equipment to be eligible for return, the Customer must request return authorization from The Scale People, Inc. sales or parts department within 30 days from the date of shipment.
- Return Authorization Numbers expire 30 days from the date issued.
- Freight charges on product being returned are the responsibility of the sender. The original freight charges are nonrefundable.
- In those cases where the Customer was shipped defective equipment, call tags may be issued within the first 30 days of the sale and replacement equipment shipped with no additional freight charges incurred. In those instances where defective equipment is returned after 30 days, the customer is responsible for returning the product to The Scale People, Inc Service Department for warranty evaluation. The Scale People, Inc. Service Department will contact the customer on warranty determination and any charges that may apply. The Customer is responsible for any freight charges to the Factory and for the cost of the freight to return to the Customer.
- The Return Authorization form must be placed inside the shipping container and the RA# marked on the outside of each container to assure proper credit.
- Restocking charges may apply depending on condition of product and Manufacturer policies.
Please contact 1-800-451-9593 with any questions.