Pipettes keep your laboratory moving. While a procedure can utilize multiple types of lab equipment, the majority are without a pipette. So, most labs prefer not to send their pipettes away for calibration due to their need for productivity. This blog discusses how to prepare for on-site calibration. Your pipettes never leave the facilities and are ready for use.
The Advantage of On-Site Calibration
Regularly completing an on-site calibration is crucial for ensuring your equipment can continue to provide quality services and that your company can continue to operate efficiently and accurately. Additionally, partnering with an accredited calibration service provider that understands the industry’s needs and standards.
Checklist for Preparing for On-Site Calibration
- First, create a list of the inventory equipment to be serviced. Also, ensure to include the item number and location to assist the technician in efficiently locating equipment and completing the service. Plus, collect all equipment beforehand and place it in the preferred service area for the technician.
- Secondly, note any out-of-service or damaged equipment. So, utilize a tag and note as much detail as possible.
- Clear an equipment service area for service. Also, the employees should not be on the schedule to utilize the equipment.
- Provide building entry information to your technician. If your building requires additional security or special access, notify your technician beforehand to ensure timely arrival.
Pipette Calibration Service Options
Furthermore, there are several options for pipette calibration services for your business:
- Periodic on-site calibration is the most prevalent service option. A calibration service provider such as The Scale People sends service engineers to your laboratory with lab standards to calibrate various equipment regularly.
- Mail-in Service: If On-site service is not needed, Mail-in service is an option for pipette calibration – quick Turnaround, Expedited Shipping is available. The Scale People provide boxes and foam inserts for your pipettes and coordinates shipping.
- The hybrid approach ensures your calibration services provider can create a custom program that satisfies your exact calibration needs.
CONTACT THE SCALE PEOPLE FOR WEIGHING EQUIPMENT AND CALIBRATION SERVICES!
Since 1956, The Scale People have earned a reputation as the best service provider for calibrating and repairing weighing equipment in the mid-Atlantic area. Our sales team can help you to find the best weighing equipment for your application. We currently have offices in Columbia, MD, and Newport News, VA, but we offer our services nationwide. Over the years, we have built a long list of satisfied clients from various industries, including pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and government manufacturing. We are a fully ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accredited service company offering calibration for balances, scales, dynamometers, force measurements, test weights, pipettes, and more. All our services have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We’re only a phone call away at +1 (800) 451-9593. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to learn more about our work.